Facts about Health Care Funding in Peterborough-KawarthaPublished on October 01, 2019
Peterborough Regional Health Centre's budget increased by $5 million this year.
Local Facts on Health Care in Peterborough-Kawartha:
- Our regional hospital's budget increased by over 2.1% this fiscal year;
- Approximately $150,000 is being invested to strengthen numerous alternative level of care beds with Rubidge Retirement Residence;
- Peterborough is receiving $15.3 million for mental health providers and addictions services;
- Long-term care homes in Peterborough-Kawartha will receive $58.4 million through the year - an increase over last year;
- Hospice Peterborough's operational budget increased to $534,000;
- A capital investment project at Peterborough Regional Health Centre to build a more accessible entrance and;
- We have provided funding for 228 new long-term care beds and the renovation of 336 existing ones.
MPP Dave Smith continues to advocate for more investments locally and is proud of the fact that our government is investing more than any other to create a modern system and end hallway health care.